Hi Everyone Happy Friday To You!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 5 green peppers, tops cut off and diced for filing
- 1.5 Cups cooked rice
- 1-24 ounce jar pasta or marinara sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. tarragon
- Add the beef, cut up bell pepper tops, rice, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme and tarragon to a medium sized bowl. Stir.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling you just made. If there is any leftover filling add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining marinara sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. I try not to let them rest on the sides of the slow cooker, but most of the time they end up falling over later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
I basically followed the Youtube recipe instead of the original post.
I used 4 peppers (that is all that could fit in my crockpot). I used regular pasta sauce because that is what I had on hand. I only used half of a small onion and only cut up three pepper tops to add into the filling. I think if you used all 5, it would be to peppery!
I think this was really good and will make again for sure.
Hope all you have a Fabulous Friday & Wonderful Weekend. Hugs, Stacy ♥